Tools Release 9.2.3 Highlights
November 8th, 2018
- Orchestration Enhancements
- Notification Framework Enhancements
- Form Extensibility Enhancements
- UX One Foundation Simplifications
- 64-bit Enablement
- Updated Platform Certifications
- Launching orchestrations from within EnterpriseOne events. This enhancement provides a new Business Function that launches an orchestration or a notification from within a JDE Event Rule. JD Edwards developers can invoke this business function, allowing to trigger an orchestration from EnterpriseOne interactive and batch applications using events and/or table triggers.
- Orchestrator Monitor. This new feature provides visibility into the health and operation of orchestrations and notifications. A new dashboard is available providing a visible status of orchestrations and notifications as they run.
- Error handling of orchestration steps: Sometime the design of orchestrations needs the control over how an error in one step might impact the entire orchestration. This new error handling feature enables the designer to specify whether an error in a step should cause the entire orchestration to fail or continue to process. The designer can specify an error message and an orchestration to launch in case of failure.
- Expanded Orchestrator to consume CSV data file. This enhancement enables orchestrations to read data in comma-separated values (CSV) format, which is easily exported from spreadsheets.
Notification Framework Enhancements
A new Work Center dashboard is available in TR 9.2.3 enabling users to have a better control over their notification messages. This new page, known as “My Worklist”, provides a view of the user’s Notifications and Work Center Messages.
Form Extensibility Enhancements
In this Tools Release, Form Extension is available for entry forms and power forms. This enhancement enables citizen developers to add business view columns to Fix Inspect forms. These extensions can be further consumed on the available personalization and extensibility frameworks such as personal forms, CafeOne and orchestrations.
UX One Foundation Simplifications
JD Edwards continues to deliver improvements to the UX One Foundation. Tools Release 9.2.3 includes the following capabilities:
- Ability to inquire and view user defined object dependencies.
- Ability to scan, retrieve, and store user defined object dependencies for Composite Pages.
- Ability to inquire on UDO view security records.
- Ability to copy view security records from one user/role to another user/role.
- Improvements to the Web OMW application to:
- Easily add new or existing UDOs to an OMW project
- Copy an OMW Project that contains UDOs
Tools Release 9.2.3 will provide 64-bit processing on the Enterprise Server. The 64-bit enablement has no impact to JD Edwards business processes or business data.
- Tools 9.2.3 will deliver JD Edwards Enterprise Server foundation systems and business functions that are compiled for either 32-bit or 64-bit processing.
- 64-bit enablement will be available only for Application Release 9.2.
- Customers on Application Release 9.2 will have the option to deploy Tools 9.2.3 as 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Tools 9.2.3 64-bit will be available for the following JD Edwards certified platforms (see the Certifications tab on My Oracle Support for current certifications):
For additional information please review Cubeology Course:
Updated Platform certifications
Tools Release 9.2.3 includes the following platform certifications:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (Enterprise & Deployment Server, Development client) – Doc ID 1
- Mozilla Firefox 60 ESR
- Apple iOS 12
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.2.3 Release will support Application Releases 9.1 and 9.2.
Tools 9.2.3 will not be supported with Application Release 9.0 or 9.0.2 which goes into Sustaining Support effective December 2018.
For details visit: Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 9.2.3 Release Support Policy (Doc ID 2470298.1)
- Login to MOS
- Navigate to [Patches & Updates] for JD Edwards
- Using the [Search] option, provide the following and click on [Search]:
- Proceed downloading the correspond components: